- Primary Points:
Dingshen, GB-20, HT-7, KI-1, PC-5, REN-5, REN- 13, Sishencong, SJ-6, SP-6, ST-40, UB-15, UB18, UB-20
Secondary Acupuncture Points: Bizhong, DU-26, DU-24, GB-34, HT-5, Hubian, KI-4, LIV-5, PC-6, PC-7, REN-11, REN-12, SI-6, ST-36, UB-44, Yintang
Supplementary Points According to Symptom:
For manic fits: + DU-18, DU-20 through to DU-23, DU-26, HT-6, KI-1 through to KI-3, LI-4 through to SI-3, LI-11, LIV-1, LIV-3, LIV-5, LIV-8, LU-11, PC-6, PC-8, REN-15, REN-24, SP-1
For depression: + KI-1, LI-4, through to PC-8, LIV-2, LIV-3, PC-6 through to SJ-5, PC-7, PC-8, REN-14, REN-17, UB-15, UB-18, UB-20, UB-23, Yintang
For the negative symptoms of schizophrenia: + DU-20, DU-23 through to DU-24
For auditory hallucinations: + GB-2, SI-19, SJ-3, SJ-17, SP-4
For visual hallucinations: + SJ-17, UB-1, Yuyao
For anxiety: + LIV-3, PC-6, PC-8, REN-14
For obsessions: + DU-20, Taiyang, Yintang
For forgetfulness: + DU-11, PC-6
For agitation, irritability and excitability: + LIV-3
For fear and fright: + PC-4, REN-14, UB-19
For anorexia: +ST-36
For a headache with dizziness (side effect of antipsychotics): + DU-20, LI-4, Taiyang, Yintang, Ahshi head points
For dizziness with tinnitus and a weak, aching low back and knees (side effect of antipsychotics): + KI-3, UB-23
For amenorrhea and lactation (side effect of antipsychotics): + LI-4, LIV-3, REN-3, REN-4, ST-36, UB-20, UB-23
- Main points: DU-12, DU-13, DU-14
Auxiliary points: DU-26, GB-20, LI-4, LIV-3, PC-6, SP-6
Use slow insertion and remove the needle immediately upon achieving De Qi.
Yang type: Select one or two main points and two or three auxiliary points.
Yin type: Reduce the number of points.
For auditory hallucinations: + SI-19, SJ-17
For visual hallucinations: + UB-1
For olfactory hallucinations: + LI-20
For insomnia: + Anmian, Yintang
For aphonia: + DU-15, REN-23
- Simultaneous stimulation of collective points: (requires several practitioners to insert the needles and stimulate simultaneously). Use strong stimulation continuously for 20-30 minutes or retain for 30 minutes with intermittent stimulation. Treat once or twice daily.
Group one: Dingshen, Hubian, LIV-3
Group two: PC-5, SP-6
Group three: DU-26, PC-6, ST-36
- DU-20, DU-26, LI-4, LI-11, LIV-3, PC-5, PC-6, REN-15, SI-19, SJ-17, SP-6, ST-36, Taiyang, UB-15, UB-23
- Electroacupuncture: DU-20, DU-26, SI-19, SJ-17, Taiyang
Select two points for each treatment. Stimulate for 10-30 minutes two to three times per day.
- For visual hallucinations due to Kidney Deficiency: DU-14, SI-3, UB-62
1. Shenmen, Sympathetic, Brain points, Brainstem, Heart, Subcortex, Kidney, Endocrine
2. Primary: Kidney, Occiput, Heart, Stomach, Shenmen, Central Rim, Subcortex, Sympathetic, Endocrine, Heart of Posterior Surface
Secondary: Brain Stem, Adrenal Gland, External Ear, Internal Ear, Lesser Occipital Nerve, Neurasthenia Region