POINT: UB-44 (URINARY BLADDER-44)
|English:||Hall of the Spirit|
|Also Known As:||Thought Dwelling
- Located 3 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the fifth thoracic vertebra, level with DU-11 Shendao.
- 3 cun lateral to DU-11 Shendao, at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the fifth thoracic vertebra, on the spinal border of the scapula.
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the fifth thoracic vertebra, and level with UB-15 Xinshu.
- Note: when the shoulder is relaxed, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Caution: Deep perpendicular or oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing pneumothorax.
- Calms the mind
- Unbinds the chest
- Regulates Qi
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Drains Heat from the Heart
- This point revitalizes mental movement and distribution.
- It is mostly used for emotional and psychological problems related to the Heart.
- This is the residence of Shen.
- This point is used for strains on the Heart, shock, relationships, extreme physical exertion and a broken Heart.
- This point helps the person regain control over his/her emotions.
- Use this point if there is lack of will or no desire to live.
- Use for all types of cardiac arrest.