POINT: REN-15 (CONCEPTION VESSEL-15)
|Also Known As:||Wild Pigeon's Tail
- 7 cun directly above the navel, 0.5 cun below the xiphoid process.
- On the anterior midline, 1 cun below the xiphosternal synchondrosis.
Note: locate this point in the supine position with the arms uplifted.
- 7 cun superior to the umbilicus on the anterior midline.
- On the midline, 7 cun above the umbilicus and 1 cun below the sternalcostal angle.
Note: many sources locate this point below the tip of the xiphoid process. The xiphoid process varies considerably in length, however, and this point may be on the xiphoid process itself.
- Slanted insertion, pointed slightly downward, 1 cun.
- Puncture obliquely downwards0.4 to 0.6 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Oblique insertion directed inferiorly, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep insertion, especially in thin patients, may damage the left lobe of the Liver or the Heart if either is enlarged. Oblique superior insertion in contraindicated.
- Luo-Connecting point
- Yuan-Source point of the five Yin organs
- Regulates the Heart
- Calms the Shen
- Descends Lung Qi
- Unbinds the chest
- Benefits Yuan Qi
- According to several classical texts, moxibustion is forbidden on this point.
- Oblique superior insertion.
- This is a very important and powerful point to calm the Mind.
- This point stimulates the pituitary gland.
- This point can be used to stop smoking.