POINT: HT-9 (HEART-9)
|Also Known As:||Lesser Pouring
Little Rushing In
Lesser Yin Rushing
- About 0.1 cun from the base of the little fingernail at the radial side.
- On the radial side of the little finger, about 0.1 cun from the corner of the nail.
- Located about 0.1 cun from the radial corner of the fifth fingernail.
- On the dorsal aspect of the little finger, at the junction of the lines drawn along the radial border of the nail and the base of the nail, approximately 0.1 cun from the corner of the nail.
- Straight insertion, 0.1 to 0.2 cun, or prick to bleed.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.1 cun. or prick with a three-edged needle to cause bleeding.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion directed proximally 0.1 to 0.2 cun, or prick to bleed.
- Jing-Well point
- Wood point
- Tonification point
- Exit point
- Tonifies the Heart
- Revives consciousness
- Subdues Wind
- Clears Heat
- Benefits the eyes, tongue and throat
- Regulates Heart Qi
- Calms the Shen
- Opens the Heart Orifices
- Relieves fullness
- This point can be used when the Heart is empty.
- It is good for unstable moods.
- Bleed for Heart attack or severe sore throat.