POINT: PC-1 (PERICARDIUM-1)
|Also Known As:||Heaven's Pool
- Located 1 cun lateral to the nipple and 5 cun lateral to the anterior midline in the fourth intercostal space.
- Puncture obliquely 0.2 to 0.4 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Transverse-oblique insertion posteriorly along the intercostal space, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep needling carries a significant risk of pneumothorax.
- Slanted insertion toward the outside, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Meeting point of the San Jiao, Gall Bladder and Liver channels
- Window of the Sky point
- Point of energy
- Unbinds the chest
- Transforms Phlegm
- Descends rebellious Qi
- Regulates Qi
- Dissipates nodules
- Benefits the breasts
- Use extreme caution when using this point on women.
- Never moxa or needle a gland unless you can move it to one side.
- Deep puncture is not advisable.
- This point is almost always indicated for Excess conditions.
- This point can be used as a local point for distention and pain of the breast caused by Liver Qi Stagnation.
- This is a powerful point. It can reach the soul and depth of a person both physically and mentally.
- It has incredible cleansing and healing power. It brings in warmth and joy from heaven to revive the spirit.
- It said only to be used once or twice a year with discretion.