POINT: GB-42 (GALL BLADDER-42)
|English:||Earth Five Meetings|
|Also Known As:||Five Terrestrial Reunions
Earth's Fifth Meeting
- Between the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones, in the depression proximal to the metatarsal heads on the medial side of the tendon of m. extensor digitorum longus (branch to the little toe).
- Between the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones, 1 cun above GB-43 Xiaxi
- Posterior to the fourth metatarsophalangeal joint, between the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones, on the medial side of m. extensor digitorum minimi of the foot.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.8 cun.
Note: incorrect will not allow the needle to pass between the shafts of the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones.
- Straight insertion, 0.3 to 0,5 cun.
- Spreads Liver Qi
- Clears Gall Bladder Heat
- According to one major classical text, moxibustion is prohibited, otherwise, emaciation and death will follow in three years. Modern sources agree that there moxibustion is not contraindicated.