POINT: SI-15 (SMALL INTESTINE-15)
|English:||Middle Shoulder Shu|
|Also Known As:||Middle of the Shoulder Correspondence
Transporting Point of the Center of the Shoulder
- Straight insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun. Sensation: distention and soreness reaching deeply.
- Oblique medial insertion towards the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep insertion inferiorly, especially in thin patients, carries a substantial risk of inducing a pneumothorax.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.6 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Descends Lung Qi
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain