POINT: ST-38 (STOMACH-38)
|Also Known As:|| Section Mouth
- Located 2 cun above ST-37 Shangjushu,or 8 cun below the knee.
- Located 2 cun above ST-37 Shangjushu,or 8 cun below ST-35 Dubi.
- 8 cun below ST-35 Dubi and one finger breadth from the anterior border of the tibia.
- On the lower leg, midway between the tibiofemoral joint line (level with the popliteal crease) and the prominence of the lateral malleolus, one finger breadth lateral to the anterior crest of the tibia.
- Straight insertion, 1.5 to 2.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion, 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- Expels Wind-Damp
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the shoulder
- This point is primarily used as an empirical distal point for pain and stiffness of the shoulder joint. It is usually needled on the affected side first while the patient gently rotates the shoulder and the needle is manipulated, then local points are needled.