POINT: ST-37 (STOMACH-37)
|English:||Upper Great Void|
|Also Known As:||Upper Great Emptiness
Great Fullness of the Upper Parts
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Lower He-Sea Point of the Large Intestine
- Point of the Sea of Blood
- He-Sea Point of the Middle Jiao
- Regulates the Intestines
- Transforms Stagnation
- Clears and cools Damp-Heat
- Alleviates diarrhea and dysenteric disorder
- Regulates the Spleen and Stomach
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Eliminates Dampness and Stagnation
- Eliminates accumulations and Stagnation
- Dispels retention of food
- Calms asthma
- This point treats a wide range of Intestinal disorders.
- It is good for all chronic colon problems, especially diarrhea.
- This point balances the body areas above the lower extremities by sedating and dispersing Yang Qi Excess downward and peripherally.
- This point is used in preference to LI-11 Quchi, for Large Intestine problems.