POINT: ST-35 (STOMACH-35)
|Also Known As:||Calf Nose
External Knee Eye
Eyes of the Knee
- With the knee flexed (to 90 degrees), in the depression below the patella and medial or lateral to the patellar ligament.
- With the knee flexed, In the depression formed by the lateral foramen of the patella.
- When the knee is flexed, the point is at the lower border of the patella, in the depression lateral to the patellar ligament.
- With the knee flexed, this point can be found below the knee cap in the hollow on either side of the patellar tendon.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.7 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion, pointed medially or laterally, 1.5 to 2 cun. Sensation: local distention, possibly extending downward.
- Slanted insertion, through the patellar tendon joining the first eye to the second, 2 to 2.5 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness.
- Perpendicular insertion, directed toward UB-40 Weizhong, 1 to 2 cun.
- Oblique insertion in a medial superior direction behind the patella 1 to 2 cun.
- Behind the patellar ligament to join with MN-LE-16 Xiyan.
- Removes obstruction from the channels
- Invigorates the channel
- Relieves swelling
- Stops pain
- Dispels Wind-Damp
- This point is also listed as MN-LE-16.
- This point is essential in treating all knee disorders whether they be due to Excess of Deficiency, Heat or Cold.
- This is an important point for treating Bi syndrome of the knee. It is most effective when moxa is used on the needle to expel Dampness and Cold.