POINT: GB-7 (GALL BLADDER-7)
|English:||Crook of the Temple|
|Also Known As:||Crooked Hair on the Temple|
- On the temple, level with the apex of the ear, roughly 1 cun anterior to SJ-20 Jiaosun.
- In the temporal region, within the hairline, level with and
one finger-breadth anterior to SJ-20 Jiaosun.
Note: this point is level with the apex of the ear when the ear is folded forward.
- On the head, at a crossing point of the vertical border of the temple and the horizontal line through the ear apex.
- Slanted insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
- Note: This point may be needled in any direction. Direction depends on the symptomology. Direct the needle towards the point of pain, or join to other head points.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point with the Urinary Bladder channel
- Eliminates Wind
- Benefits the mouth and jaw