POINT: SJ-20 (SAN JIAO-20)
|Also Known As:||Angle of Regeneration|
- Directly above the ear apex within the hairline.
- Above the tip of the ear at the natural hairline.
- On the side of the head, directly level with the apes of the ear when the ear is folded forwards.
Note: Fold the ear so that the posterior part of the upper helix directly covers the anterior part of the upper helix. Take care not to push the whole ear forwards.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
Note: this point in common with all points within the hairline may be needled in any direction, depending on symptomology.
- Meeting point of the San Jiao, Small Intestine and Gall Bladder channels
- Benefits the ears
- Benefits the teeth, gums and lips
- Clears Heat
- This point is rarely used clinically.