POINT: HT-4 (HEART-4)
|Also Known As:||Spirit's Path
Route of the Spirit
- With the palm facing upward, this point is located 1.5 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist on the radial side of the tendon of the flexor carpi ulnaris muscle.
- On the ulnar side of the wrist, 1.5 cun above HT-7 Shenmen.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Oblique proximal or distal insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Metal point
- Jing-River point
- Calms the Shen
- Benefits the voice
- Relaxes the muscles and tissues
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- This point has more of a mental effect than physical effect.
- Use this point on someone whose spirit is weak and has lost their way.
- Use this point if you see a lot of rigidity and loss of movement.
- This point is mostly used for channel problems and has a special action on joints and bones.
- *Restless Zang disorder is characterized by unpredictable emotional responses, melancholy, disturbed behavior, restlessness, loss of voice, insomnia and possibly mania.