POINT: SJ-19 (SAN JIAO-19)
|Also Known As:|
- Posterior to the ear, at the junction of the upper and middle third of the curve formed by SJ-17 Yifeng and SJ-20 Jiaosun, behind the helix.
- Posterior to the ear, in a small depression two-thirds of the distance along a curved line drawn from SJ-17 Yifeng and SJ-20 Jiaosun, following the line of the rim of the ear.
- 1 cun above SJ-18 Qimai behind the ear.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Subcutaneous insertion along the course of the channel 0.3 to 0.5 cun, or prick to bleed.
Note: according to several classical tests bleeding this point is contraindicated.
- Slanted insertion 0.1 to 0.3 cun.
- Benefits the ears
- Clears Heat
- Calms fright
- Relieves tetany
- According to several classical tests bleeding this point is contraindicated.
- This is a major point for tetany.