POINT: SJ-18 (SAN JIAO-18)
|Also Known As:||Feeding the Vessels|
- One third of the distance between SJ-17 Yifeng and SJ-20 Jiaosun at the root of the auricle.
- In the center of the mastoid process, at the junction of the midline and lower third of the curve formed by SJ-17 Yifeng and SJ-20 Jiaosun posterior to the helix.
- Posterior to the ear, in a small depression on the mastoid bone, one third of the distance along a curved line drawn from SJ-17 Yifeng and SJ-20 Jiaosun following the line of the rim of the ear.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun or prick to bleed.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Subcutaneous insertion along the course of the channel0.3 to 0.5 cun or prick to bleed.
- Benefits the ears
- Calms fright
- Pacifies Wind