POINT: SI-18 (SMALL INTESTINE-18)
|English:||Cheek Bone Crevice|
|Also Known As:||Zygoma Crevice
Cheek Bone Opening
- Directly below the outer canthus, in the depression at the lower border of the zygomatic bone.
- At the middle of the inferior margin of the zygomatic bone, level with LI-20 Yingxiang, directly below the outer canthus of the eye.
- Meeting point of the San Jiao channel
- Tendo muscular control point for the leg Yang channels
- Eliminates Wind
- Alleviates pain
- Clears Heat
- Reduces swelling
- According to a number of both classical and modern texts, moxibustion is forbidden on this point.
- Other sources say to use moxibustion with caution.
- This is an important and commonly used point for the treatment of facial disorders such as facial paralysis, tic or trigeminal neuralgia.