POINT: UB-47 (URINARY BLADDER-47)
|English:||Gate of the Etherial Soul|
|Also Known As:||Soul's Door
Spiritual Soul Gate
Door of the Etherial Soul
- 3 cun lateral to DU-8 Jinsuo, at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the ninth thoracic vertebra.
- 3 cun lateral to the lower end of the spinous process of the ninth thoracic vertebra.
- This point is on the outer Bladder line and corresponds with UB-18 Ganshu.
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the ninth thoracic vertebra and level with UB-18 Ganshu.
Note: when the shoulder is relaxed, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Oblique insertion, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Caution: deep perpendicular or deep oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing pneumothorax.
- Regulates Liver Qi
- Roots the Etherial Soul (Hun)
- Spreads Liver Qi
- Relaxes the sinews
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao
- Drains Heat from the Liver
- This point is used for emotional problems related to the Liver.
- This point is generally for cleaning the spiritual soul.
- It is good for alcoholics and drug addicts.
- It helps get off medication.
- When used with UB-18 Ganshu, it can increase a person's capacity for life planning, by grounding and steadying the Hun. It can help one find a sense of direction and purpose in life.