POINT: DU-8 (GOVERNING VESSEL-8)
|Also Known As:||Sinew's Shrinking
- On the midline of the back, in the depression below the spinous process of the ninth thoracic vertebra, level with UB-18 Ganshu.
Note: this point is located six intervertebral spaces above the line connecting the highest points of the iliac crests.
- Oblique- superior insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: the spinal canal lies between 1.25 and 1.75 cun deep to the skin surface, varying according to body build.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Soothes the Liver
- Pacifies Wind
- Relieves spasms
- Calms the Shen
- Relaxes the sinews
- This is a main point for Liver Wind.
- The most common for of treatment on this point is moxibustion.