POINT: UB-42 (URINARY BLADDER-42)
|English:||Door of the Corporeal Soul|
|Also Known As:||Soul Door
Animal Soul Door
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the third thoracic vertebra and level with UB-13 Feishu.
Note: when the shoulder is relaxed, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula.
- 3 cun lateral to the DU channel, at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the third thoracic vertebra, on the spinal border of the scapula.
- Oblique insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
Caution: deep perpendicular or deep oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Tonifies and nourishes the Lungs
- Stimulates the descending function of Lung Qi
- Regulates Qi
- Clears Heat
- Stops cough and asthma
- Soothes dyspnea
- Subdues Rebellious Qi
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- This is the outer Bladder point for the Lungs.
- This point is good for Bi syndrome of the upper back.
- It is used for emotional problems related to the Lungs, especially sadness, grief and worry.
- *Three corpse possession disorder is a Taoist concept of possession which attacks either the upper corpse (the eyes), the middle corpse (the five Zang) or the lower corpse (life itself).
- This point is used for severe exhaustion of the Lungs.
- It can be used for spiritual revival.
- It is used for paralysis of the mind.