POINT: SJ-22 (SAN JIAO-22)
|English:||Ear Harmony Crevice|
|Also Known As:||Harmony's Seam|
- Anterior and superior to SJ-21 Ermen, at the level of the root of the auricle, on the posterior border of the hairline of the temple where the superficial temporal artery passes.
- Approximately 0.5 cun, anterior to the upper border
of the root of the ear, in a slight depression on the posterior
border of the hairline of the temple.
Note: The point lies just posterior to where the superficial temporal artery can be palpated.
- Above and superior to SJ-21 Ermen, at the natural hairline.
- Puncture obliquely 0.1 to 0.3 cun. Avoid puncturing the artery.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Transverse insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Meeting point with the Gall Bladder and Small Intestine channels
- Expels Wind
- Alleviates pain
- The pulse here measures the Qi of the ears and eyes.