POINT: LU-6 (LUNG-6)
|Also Known As:||Opening Maximum
- On the flexor aspect of the forearm, 7 cun proximal to the LU-9 Taiyuan, on the line connecting LU-9 Taiyuan to LU-5 Chize.
Note: divide the distance between LU-9 Taiyuan and LU-5 Chize into half. LU-6 Kongzui is in a palpable depression 1 cun proximal to this midpoint.
- On the palmar aspect of the forearm, on the line connecting LU-9 Taiyuan and LU-5 Chize, 7 cun above LU-9 Taiyuan.
- On the radial aspect of the forearm, 7 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness, sometimes extending through the forearm.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Xi-Cleft point
- Disseminates Lung Qi
- Descends lung Qi
- Clears Heat
- Moistens the Lungs
- Stops bleeding
- Moderates acute conditions
- Alleviates pain
- This point is indicated for acute obstruction of the Lung channel or organ.
- This point is particularly indicated for Attack by Wind-Heat or Wind-Dryness which attacks the superficial layer and obstructs the pores or attacks the Zang and channel.
- It is especially good for an acute attack of asthma.
- This is a key point for hemorrhoids.
- Disperse this point when there is a sense of grief, something lacking or missing or a void that needs to be filled.