POINT: SI-10 (SMALL INTESTINE-10)
|English:||Upper Arm Shu|
|Also Known As:||Humerus Transporting Point
Medial Upper Arm Transport
- On the posterior aspect of the shoulder, in the depression inferior to the scapular spine, directly superior to the posterior axillary crease when the arm hangs in the adducted position.
- Directly above SI-9 Jianzhen at the inferior margin of the scapular spine.
- When the arm is adducted, the point is directly above the posterior end of the axillary fold, in the depression inferior to the scapular spine.
- When the arm is adducted, the point is directly above SI-9 Jianzhen in the depression inferior and lateral to the scapular spine.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Straight insertion pointed slightly downward1 to 2 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness sometimes extending throughout the shoulder.
- Puncture perpendicularly, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point with the Bladder, Yang Wei and Yang Qiao channels
- Benefits the shoulder
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- This is an important point for Bi syndrome of the shoulder. It allows deep penetration to the shoulder joint.
- This point is tender when there is hypertension and there are toxic accumulations in the bowel.
- This is known as the master reunion point for shoulder problems.