POINT: SI-9 (SMALL INTESTINE-9)
|Also Known As:||Shoulder Chastity
- With the arm hanging freely at the side, this point is found 1 cun directly above the posterior axillary crease.
- Posterior and inferior to the shoulder joint. When the arm is adducted, the point is 1 cun above the posterior end of the axillary fold.
Note: this point lies in the depression just below the posterior border of the deltoid muscle.
- Straight insertion, 1.5 to 2 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness. When treating paralysis of the upper limb, there may be an electric, numb sensation extending into the shoulder and toward the fingertips.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Expels Wins
- Benefits the shoulder
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- This is an important local point for shoulder problems.