POINT: LI-9 (LARGE INTESTINE-9)
|Also Known As:||Upper Integrity
Arm Upper Angle
- On the radial side of the forearm, 3 cun distal to LI-11 Quchi, on the line connecting LI-11 Quchi with LI-5 Yangxi.
Note: Locate with the elbow flexed and the radial side of the arm upwards.
Note: divide the distance between LI-5 Yangxi and LI-11 Quchi into half, and then halve the distance between this midpoint and LI-11 Quchi.
- 3 cun below LI-11 Quchi, on the forearm.
- On the line joining on the line connecting LI-11 Quchi with LI-5 Yangxi, 3 cun below the cubital crease.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
- Straight insertion 1 to 2 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Harmonizes the Large Intestine
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain