POINT: UB-58 (URINARY BLADDER-58)
|Also Known As:||Flying Up
Fly and Scatter
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.7 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1.5 to 2.5 cun, causing local distention, numbness and soreness, possibly extending downward.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion, directed proximally or distally, 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Luo-Connecting point
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- Strengthens the Kidneys
- Harmonizes the upper and lower
- Expels Wind from the Tai Yang channel
- Treats hemorrhoids
- Alleviates pain
Headache and dizziness
Heat in the head
Rhinitis with epistaxis
Madness and mania with tongue thrusting
- This is used as a distal point for lower back pain and sciatica.
- This is a great point for runners. They will run better, with stronger legs and more endurance.
- This is called the "tirelessness" point.
- It affects the parathyroids.
- It brings about well-being, great vitality, and strengthens the body and mind.