POINT: UB-3 (URINARY BLADDER-3)
|Also Known As:||Eyebrow Thoroughfare|
- On the natural hairline directly above the medial end of the eyebrow, between DU-24 Shenting and UB-4 Quchai.
- Directly superior to UB-2 Zanzhu 0.5 cun within the anterior hairline, level with DU-24 Shenting.
- Note: the distance between the anterior and posterior hairlines is 12 cun. If the anterior hairline is indistinct, the distance is 15 cun between the glabella (M-HN-3 Yintang) and the posterior hairline. The anterior hairline would thus be defined as one-fifth of the distance. If the posterior hairline is indistinct, it can be measured as 1 cun inferior to DU-16 Fengfu which lies immediately below the external occipital protuberance.
- Slanted insertion, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Expels Wind
- Clears the head
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the eyes and nose
- According to some ancient texts, this point is contraindicated to moxibustion.
- This point has a direct connection with the Brain.