POINT: UB-26 (URINARY BLADDER-26)
|English:||Gate of Origin Shu|
|Also Known As:||Hinge at the Source Hollow
Origin Gate Back Transporting Point
Hollow at the Hinge of Source
- 1.5 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the fifth lumbar vertebra.
- 1.5 cun lateral to the DU channel at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the fifth lumbar vertebra.
- Note: locate at the visible highest point of them paraspinal muscles.
- Straight insertion, 1.5 to 2 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness, sometimes extending to the leg.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Strengthens the lower back and knees
- Removes obstructions from the channel
- Regulates the Lower Jiao
- Transforms Damp-Stagnation
- This point is frequently used as a local point for lower back ache and should always be used if tender on pressure.
- This is a specific point for Wind-taxation backache.