POINT: UB-16 (URINARY BLADDER-16)
|Also Known As:||Governing Vessel Back Transporting Point
- 1.5 cun lateral to the lower end of the spinous process of the sixth thoracic vertebra.
- 1.5 cun lateral to DU-10 Lingtai, at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the sixth thoracic vertebra.
Note: locate at the visible highest point of the paraspinal muscles.
- Slanted insertion toward the spine, 0.7 to 1 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness, sometimes extending to the ribs and chest.
- Puncture obliquely 0.5 to 0.7 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Oblique insertion towards the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Transverse-oblique insertion1 to 1.5 cun.
- Caution: perpendicular needling or oblique needling away from the spine carries a substantial risk of pneumothorax.
- Regulates the Heart
- Invigorates the Blood
- This point is primarily used for skin disorders.
- It is also used for Blood stasis of the Heart.