POINT: DU-10 (GOVERNING VESSEL-10)
|Also Known As:||Spirit's Platform
- Located between the spinous processes of the sixth and seventh vertebrae.
- On the midline of the back, in the depression below the spinous process of the sixth thoracic vertebra.
- Slanted insertion, pointed slightly upward, 0.5 to 1 cun. Sensation: distention and soreness sometimes extending to the lower back or chest.
- Oblique superior insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: the spinal cord lies 1.25 to 1.75 cun deep to the skin surface, varying according to body type.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Alleviates cough and wheezing
- Clears Heat
- Detoxifies poison
- Strengthens the Heart and Mind
- According to several classical texts, needling this point is contraindicated.