POINT: ST-32 (STOMACH-32)
|Also Known As:||Prostrate Rabbit
- Located 6 cun above the lateral superior border of the patella on the line connecting the anterior superior iliac spine and the lateral border of the patella.
- On the thigh, 6 cun above the lateral margin of the kneecap.
- On the thigh on a line drawn between the lateral border of the patella and anterior superior iliac spine, in a depression, 6 cun proximal to the superior border of the patella.
Note: divide the distance between the prominence greater trochanter and the upper border of the patella into thirds. This point is located just superior the the junction of the lower and middle thirds.
- Puncture perpendicularly 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable. Straight insertion, 1.5 to 2.5 cun, causing distention and soreness, possibly extending to the knee.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 1 to 2 cun.
- Activates the channel
- Removes obstructions from the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Dispels Wind-Damp
- Expels Wind-Heat
- * The eight regions in women are: 1. the External genitalia; 2. the breasts; 3. disorders of pregnancy; 4. postpartum disorders; 5. uterine bleeding; 6.leukorrhea; 7. menstruation and; 8. abdominal masses.
- This point mildly expels Wind-Heat affecting the Blood and can be used to treat certain skin rashes such as urticaria.