POINT: ST-27 (STOMACH-27)
|Also Known As:||Big Great|
- On the lower abdomen, 2 cun lateral to the midline and 2 cun inferior to the umbilicus, level with REV-5 Shimen. Note the 2 cun line is located halfway between the midline and the palpable lateral border of the rectus abdominus muscle.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Caution: In thin patients, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity.
- Puncture Perpendicularly 0.7 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1 to 2 cun.
- Benefits the Kidneys
- Firms the Jing
- Regulates Qi
- Promotes urination
- Regulates Stomach Qi
- This point is frequently used in Excess conditions giving rise to lateral abdominal pain.