POINT: SP-2 (SPLEEN-2)
|Also Known As:||Big Metropolis
- On the medial aspect of the big toe, slightly anterior to the metatarsophalangeal joint at the border of the light and dark skin.
- On the medial side of the great toe, distal and inferior to the first metatarsal-digital joint, in the depression of the junction of the red and white skin.
- Straight insertion, 0.5 to1 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.1 to 0.3 cun.
- Moxibustion id applicable
- Oblique inferior insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Ying-Spring point
- Fire point
- Tonification point
- Mother point
- Strengthens the Spleen
- Promotes digestion
- Clears Heat
- Regulates the Spleen
- Resolves Dampness
- Resolves Damp-Heat
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao
- According to some sources, moxibustion is forbidden during pregnancy.
- This point is primarily use to clear Heat, especially at the beginning stage of a febrile disease.
- This point is good for intellectual energy, and has shown to strengthen mathematical abilities in children by stimulating the brain.
- It relates to the thymus.
- This point is not used much in China.
- French research says this point gets rid of mucus in the Spleen and is good for hemophilia.