POINT: LU-8 (LUNG-8)
|Also Known As:||Meridian Gutter
Across the Ditch
- 1 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist in the depression on the lateral side of the radial artery.
- Above the wrist, 1 cun proximal to LU-9 Taiyuan, on the line connecting LU-6 Kongzui and LU-9 Taiyuan, in the depression at the base of the styloid process of the radius and on the radial side of the radial artery.
- Note: if the forefinger is placed on LU-9 Taiyuan and moved proximally over the styloid process of the radius, it will naturally fall into the depression where LU-8 Jingqu is located.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.1 to 0.3 cun.
- Caution: avoid puncturing the radial artery.
- Oblique proximal or perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun, avoiding the radial artery.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 0.7 cun.
- Jing-River point
- Metal point
- Horary point
- Descends Lung Qi
- Alleviates cough and wheezing
- Moxibustion is forbidden on this point.
- This point carries away poisons. It is a very powerful cleansing and elimination point.
- This point is rarely used.
- In Japanese and Korean acupuncture, this point is used to control an overactive Liver in the four needle technique.