POINT: SP-18 (SPLEEN-18)
|Also Known As:||Heaven's Stream|
- Located in the fourth intercostal space, 6 cun lateral
to the anterior midline.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Caution: Perpendicular insertion, especially in thin patients, causes a substantial risk of inducing pneumothorax. .
- Transverse-oblique insertion along the intercostal space, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Regulates and descends Qi
- Benefits the breasts
- Promotes lactation
- This point is good to restore human kindness and empathy.