POINT: SP-15 (SPLEEN-15)
|Also Known As:||Big Horizontal Stroke
- 4 cun lateral to the center of the umbilicus, lateral to the rectus abdominus muscle.
- 3.5 cun lateral to the navel.
- 4 cun lateral to the center of the umbilicus, on the midclavicular line.
- On the abdomen, in the depression at the lateral border of the rectus abdominus muscle level with the umbilicus.
Note: the point is normally defined as 4 cun lateral to the midline. On the abdomen, the 4 cun line is located at the lateral border of the rectus abdominus muscle.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.7 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness
- For parasites in the Intestines, the needle is inserted toward the navel, 2 to 2.5 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness, possibly extending throughout the side of the abdomen on which the point is needled.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
Caution: in thin patients, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity. Deep needling at this point may penetrate a substantially enlarged Liver or Spleen.
- Intersecting point on the Yin Wei (Linking) Channel
- Moves Qi
- Regulates the Intestines
- Strengthens the Spleen
- Strengthens the limbs
- Resolves Dampness
- Regulates Qi
- Stops pain
- Promotes the function of the Large Intestine
- This is an important point for abdominal complaints.
- It is an important point for regulating the Qi of the Large Intestines.
- It is often used for chronic constipation of the Deficiency type.
- This is good for people experiencing earthquakes in the mind and spirit.
- It brings steadiness and security.