POINT: SP-12 (SPLEEN-12)
|Also Known As:||Pouring Door
- 3.5 cun lateral to REN-2 Qugu, on the lateral side of the femoral artery.
- Note: Palpate to locate the femoral artery, just over one hand breadth lateral to the midline, at the upper border of the symphysis pubis. It is located in the depression immediately lateral to this pulsation.
- Superior to the lateral end of the inguinal groove, lateral to the pulsating external iliac artery, at the level of the upper border of the symphysis pubis 3.5 lateral to REN-2 Qugu.
- At the superior margin of the pubic symphysis, in the groin, 3.5 lateral to REN-2 Qugu.
- Perpendicular insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun
- Caution: Deep needling in the medial direction may puncture the femoral artery, and in a lateral direction, the femoral nerve.
- Avoid puncturing the artery. Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion, 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Meeting point of the Spleen and Liver channels with the Yin Qiao Mai
- Invigorates the Blood
- Regulates Qi
- Alleviates pain
- Drains Dampness
- Clears Heat
- Regulates urination
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- Tonifies Yin
- Fetal Qi rushing up to the Heart with distention, pain and fullness of the abdomen and Heart is common in the later stages of pregnancy.
- this point nourishes Yin and can be used for Kidney Yin Deficiency.