POINT: SJ-15 (SAN JIAO-15)
|Also Known As:||Heaven's Seam
- Midway between GB-21 Jianjing and SI-13 Quyuan above the shoulder blade.
- In the supraclavicular fossa, in the depression midway between GB-21 Jianjing and SI-13 Quyuan at the medial end of the suprascapular fossa.
- Midway between the lateral extremity of the acromion and DU-14 Dazhui, and 1 cun posterior to GB-21 Jianjing (the highest point on the trapezius muscle).
- Midway between GB-21 Jianjing and SI-13 Quyuan on the superior angle of the scapula.
- Straight insertion towards the spine of the scapula 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Oblique insertion directed according to the clinical manifestations, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: perpendicular insertion, especially in thin patients, carries a substantial risk of inducing a pneumothorax.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun,
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Yang Wei and Gall Bladder channels
- Dispels Wind-Damp
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Unbinds the chest
- Regulates Qi
Pain and heaviness of the shoulder with inability to raise the arm
- This is an important point for shoulder pain.