POINT: SJ-13 (SAN JIAO-13)
|English:||Upper Arm Meeting|
|Also Known As:||Shoulder's Meeting
- 3 cun directly below SJ-14 Jianliao at the posterior margin of the deltoid muscle.
- On the upper arm, on a line drawn between SJ-10 Tianjing and SJ-14 Jianliao, 4 cun proximal to SJ-10 Tianjing and 6 cun distal to SJ-14 Jianliao.
Note: locate in the depression within the triceps muscle, posterior to the shaft of the humerus (between the muscle bellies of the long and lateral heads of the triceps). Although most sources specify both a distance of 3 cun directly below SJ-14 Jianliao at the posterior margin of the deltoid muscle, this does not usually correspond. In practice, palpate the region to find the most tender location.
- On the line joining SJ-14 Jianliao and the olecranon, on the posterior border of the m. deltoideus.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 1 to 2 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Yang Wei channel
- Regulates Qi
- Transforms Phlegm
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- The most common application of this point is for pain in the upper arm or shoulder which radiates down the upper arm.