POINT: SI-7 (SMALL INTESTINE-7)
|English:||Branch of the Upright|
|Also Known As:||Branch of Uprightness
Center of Branches
Point of Balance
Correction of the Limbs
Branch from the Main
Branch to Heart Channel
- On the line connecting SI-5 Yanggu and SI-8 Xiaohai, 5 cun above SI-5 Yanggu at the posterior margin of the ulna.
- On the line connecting SI-5 Yanggu and SI-8 Xiaohai, 5 cun proximal to the dorsal crease of the wrist.
- On the line connecting SI-5 Yanggu and SI-8 Xiaohai, 5 cun proximal to SI-5 Yanggu, in the groove between the anterior border of the ulna and the muscle belly of the flexor carpi ulnaris.
- Straight insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Lou-Connecting point
- Greater Assembly point for the head and neck
- Clears Heat from the Upper Jiao
- Releases the Exterior
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- Calms the Shen
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the finger joints
- This point is forbidden during the sixth month of pregnancy.
- This is a major point for stiffness.
- It is especially good for Exterior Heat with neck and lumbar stiffness.
- This is considered to be an equilibrium point.
- This point is used for lack of Fire.
- It is used for lack of separation and secretion.
- It activates the thyroid and affects the endocrine system.
- This point can treat any channel as all Luo points do.
- It is particularly good for the elbow.