POINT: SI-12 (SMALL INTESTINE-12)
|English:||Grasping the Wind|
|Also Known As:|| Natural Wind
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 0.7 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Oblique medial insertion towards the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep perpendicular insertion, especially in thin patients carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.
- Straight insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Meeting point of the Gall Bladder, Large Intestine and San Jiao channels
- Expels Wind
- Benefits the shoulder and scapula
- This is a Wind control point.