POINT: REN-16 (CONCEPTION VESSEL-16)
|Also Known As:||Middle Hall
- On the midline of the sternum, at the sternocostal angle.
- On the anterior midline, at the level of the fifth intercostal space, on the xiphosternal synchondrosis.
- 1.6 cun below REN-17, level with the fifth intercostal space at the mammilary line.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Transverse insertion, directed superiorly or inferiorly along the midline, 0.5 cun.
- Meeting point of the REN channel with the Small Intestine, Pericardium and Gall Bladder channels
- Unbinds the chest
- Regulates the Stomach
- Descends Rebellious Qi
- Stimulates the adrenals
- Stimulates the pituitary gland
- Consider this point when there are problems with the Heart.