POINT: LI-19 (LARGE INTESTINE-19)
|English:||Mouth Grain Crevice|
|Also Known As:||Grain Seam
- Directly below the lateral margin of the nostril, level with DU-26 Renzhong.
Note: DU-26 Renzhong is located above the upper lip on the midline, at the junction of the upper and lower two thirds of the philtrum.
- Transverse insertion, directed medially, 0.3 to 0.5 cun. Sensation: local pain.
- Oblique insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
Note: according to some classical texts, this point is contraindicated to moxibustion.
- Puncture obliquely 0.2 to 0.3 cun.
- Eliminates Wind
- Opens the nasal passages
- Older books prohibit moxibustion.
- This is a local point for the nose and upper lip.