POINT: GB-5 (GALL BLADDER-5)
|Also Known As:||Hanging Skull|
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
- Note: This point may be needled in any direction depending on the symptomology. The needle should be inserted deep to the subcutaneous layer, into the loose areolar tissue adjacent to the bone of the skull, rather than more shallowly.
- Slanted insertion, 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point with the Stomach, San Jiao and Large Intestine channels.
- Expels Wind
- Clears Heat
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- This point is used for disturbance of movement (e.g. convulsions and spasms) and disturbance of speech.