POINT: GB-23 (GALL BLADDER-23)
|Also Known As:||Neglected Muscles|
- 1 cun anterior to GB-22 Yuanye, at the level of the nipple, in the fourth intercostal space.
- On the mid-axillary line, in the fifth intercostal space, approximately 3 cun inferior to the apex of the axilla, at the level of the nipple.
- Note: This is located by different sources in both the fourth and fifth intercostal spaces.
- 1 cun anterior to GB-22 in the fifth intercostal space.
- Puncture obliquely, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Transverse-oblique insertion along the intercostal space 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep or perpendicular needling may induce a pneumothorax.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Regulates Qi
- Unbinds the chest
- Benefits the axilla
- According to several classical sources, moxibustion is contraindicated on this point.