- Bartholinitis is inflammation of bartholin gland on both
sides of the lower 1/3 of the labia majora. Its diameter
is about 0.5-1.Ocm. The duct length is 1.5-2.Ocm. The gland's
opening near the hymen is located inside the labia minora.
During sexual stimulation, they secrete mucus for lubrication.
due to the location of the gland pathogens causing bartholinitis
can easily penetrate.
- These pathogens can invade during sexual intercourse and
- Bartholin gland infections often involve the duct first
with congestion and edema due to inflammation and obstruction.
of secretions and exudate. Efflux can be difficult may form
a Bartholin's abscess.
The disease is often a combination of infection due
to endogenous pathogens and sexually transmitted disease,
mostly domestic staphylococcus, streptococcus, E coli,
neisseria and gonorrhea, but also by anaerobic bacteria
- Swelling and pain in the vagina or
- Suppuration and rupture
- Chills and fever
- Burning sensations
- Painful urination
- Difficulty walking
- Sometimes difficult urination
- May be unilateral or bilateral
- After thinning of the skin tumor surface, there may
Edema surrounding the area
A sense of volatility
Development of an abscess mostly the size of an egg
- Often accompanied by inguinal lymph node swelling
- Severe cases:
- If not treated, abscesses may rupture on their own.
- After pus is expelled, there is local pain relief
- After congestion and edema are reduced , symptoms can
- When the abscess pressure increases, the surface of
the skin thins and the abscess ruptures on its own
- If a large hole develops and drainage occurs, inflammation
rapidly subsides and recovery occurs.
- If the hole is small and pus cannot drain, the lesion
can be exacerbated
With abscess: 60g of Hb. Taraxaci Pu
Gong Ying is washed, pounded and mixed with
a little honey. The mixture is applied to the affected
part once a day.