POINT: UB-53 (URINARY BLADDER-53)
|Also Known As:||Placenta and Vitals|
- 3 cun lateral to the midline at the level of the spinous
process of the second sacral vertebra.
Note: When the shoulder is relaxes, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula.
- 3 cun lateral to the midline at the level of the spinous process of the second sacral foramen.
- 1 cun lateral to the median sacral crest, at the level of second sacral foramen.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Straight insertion 1 to 2 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Benefits the lumbar region
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Regulates the Lower Jiao
- Benefits urination
- Opens water passageways in the Lower Jiao
- Stimulates the transformation and excretion of fluids
- This is a commonly used point for stiffness and pain of the lumbar region and sciatica.
- This point should be palpated in all cases where pain radiates into the buttock and down the leg.
- This point controls the spread of Qi in the Lower Jiao.