POINT: UB-50 (URINARY BLADDER -50)
|Also Known As:||Stomach's Storehouse|
- 3 cun lateral to the REN channel at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the twelfth thoracic vertebra.
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the twelfth thoracic vertebra and level with UB-21 Weishu.
Note: when the shoulder is relaxes, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
Caution: deep perpendicular or deep oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao
- This point is good for assimilation of ideas and thoughts and the processing of thoughts.
- This point is used for difficulty swallowing (when food sticks in lumps).