POINT: UB-41 (URINARY BLADDER-41)
|Also Known As:||Appended Part|
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the second thoracic vertebra level with UB-12 Fengmen.
Note: when the shoulder is relaxed, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula.
- 3 cun lateral to the DU channel, at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the second thoracic vertebra, on the spinal border of the scapula.
- Oblique insertion, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Caution: deep perpendicular or deep oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Small Intestine channel
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Expels Wind and Cold