POINT: ST-15 (STOMACH-15)
|Also Known As:|
- On the chest, in the second intercostal space, 4 cun lateral
the the midline, on the mamillary line.
Note:First locate the costal cartilage of the second rib which is level with the sternal angle, then locate the second intercostal space below it.
Note: In males the nipple is in the fourth intercostal space.
- Transverse-oblique insertion laterally or medially along the intercostal space 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Transverse insertion superiorly or inferiorly along the channel.
- Caution:Deep perpendicular insertion carries a substantial risk of puncturing the Lung.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Descends Rebellious Qi
- Unbinds the chest
- Benefits the breasts
- Alleviates pain and itching of the skin
Itching with much pain