POINT: LI-17 (LARGE INTESTINE-17)
|Also Known As:||Heaven's Vessel|
- Midway between LI-18 Futu and ST-12 Quepen, at the posterior margin of the sternocleidomastoid muscle.
- On the lateral side of the neck, at the posterior border of the sternocleidomastoid muscle, at the midpoint between LI-18 Futu and ST-12 Quepen.
- On the lateral side of the neck, 1 cun inferior to LI-18 Futu, on the posterior border of the sternocleidomastoid.
- Straight insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Oblique insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Caution: deeper needling may puncture the carotid artery or jugular vein.
- Benefits the throat and voice
Loss of voice
- This point is said to bring clarity and wisdom.